The conference will hold in Perugia, an historical city located in the center of Italy. Perugia, considered to be one of the most famous cities of Italy due to its rich history and its artistic treasures, has preserved noble signs of beauty and charm from the beginning right through to modern times which are clear witness of the splendour of its past. It hosts one of the oldest Italian universities.
How to reach Perugia
There are various opportunities to reach Perugia by airplane. The nearest airport is the Regional International Aiport of Perugia, S.Egidio (PEG), (15 km from Perugia). Here flights arrive from:
- Milan Malpensa (from Monday to Friday) flying with Skybridge Airops
- Trapani (Wednesday and Saturday) flying with Ryanair
- London Stansted (Monday, Thursday and Friday) flying with Ryanair
There is a paying shuttle bus service which connects S. Egidio airport with the centre of Perugia and some hotels; every service leaves after each flight arrival, the cost of this service is about 3,50€. More information about flights, shuttle timetables and reservations can be requested by calling +39 075 592 141/2/3 or by accessing the official site www.airport.umbria.it (Transports section).
Alternatively, you can fly to Roma Fiumicino (FCO), at Fiumicino International Airport "Leonardo da Vinci" situated at 210 km from Perugia. There are download pdf daily coach connections (download pdf english version timetable ) between Fiumicino and Perugia, the cost of the ticket is 21€ for only one trip, 34€ for round trip, and it can be purchased on board; timetables and more information are available visiting www.sulga.it or by calling +39 075 5009641.
Another possibility to reach Perugia from Fiumicino International Airport is by train. There are many shuttle trains (Leonardo Express) from Fiumicino station to Roma Termini, which depart from the airport every half an hour . The cost of the ticket is 14 €. An underground service (FR1 line) is also available every 15 minutes which arrives to Roma Tiburtina station. From Roma Termini or Roma Tiburtina station you can take a direct train to Perugia. Check the Trenitalia website (just enter your departure station and Perugia as destination station).
Other airports are listed below. To reach Perugia from these airports, you need to take a train to the city, or to rent a car:
- Ciampino International Airport (Rome-CPA), at 150 km from Perugia;
- Florence Airport "Amerigo Vespucci" (Loc. Peretola, Florence-FLR), at 160 km. From the airport to the train station of Florence you can take a shuttle bus (Ataf-Sita)
- Pisa Airport "Galileo Galilei" (Pisa-PSA), at 230 km, which is directly connected to the Italian Railway Network. At the airport, you can buy your railway ticket at the information office in the arrivals hall. The railway terminal is located just outside the Check-in hall.
- Ancona Airport, at 90 km. You can use the Conero bus service to reach the train station of Ancona.
There are many train stations in Perugia. The main one is Perugia Fontivegge, in Pl. Vittorio Veneto. From there, there are many buses to reach the center of the city. In front of the train station, there is the taxi station. In the place next to the train station there is the "MiniMetrò", a little urbanrail which crosses the city, and that links the city center, on the top of the hill in which Perugia stands, to a large parking area situated on the foot of the hill. The tickets for buses and MiniMetrò cost 1,50€ and are valid for 70 minuts. The official site of MiniMetrò is a www.minimetrospa.it. Information on times and prices to reach Perugia train station are available checking www.trenitalia.it.